I get it.
You’ve poured everything into this dream of yours.
Money. Time. Energy.
But it’s just not working.
Or maybe it is working and you’re getting sales – but are you really PROFITING? Because that’s what is important.
Do not waste any more time on something that isn’t rewarding you. Your time is worth more than that and you owe it to yourself to start over if you’re not seeing results.
Your Etsy shop is failing. Here’s what to do.
How do you know it’s time to start over?
- You’re confused on what to do next and feel like you’ve tried everything without seeing results.
- Your mental or physical health is declining due to the stresses of your business.
- This one is important – you love your product more than your customers do.
- And lastly, YOU’RE NOT MAKING MONEY!
What does starting over mean?
Here’s my story. I sold painted mason jars and macramé key chains on Etsy. Over the course of 2 years, I sold over a thousand jars and many, many key chains. I even started a blog that gave tips on how to make sales on Etsy (you happen to be reading it), but was I really profiting? The answer is NO. Shipping was too expensive, the competition was too saturated, and I said a prayer every time I went to the post office because jars would break sometimes. It got to the point where I was actually sad when I got a sale. I knew it was time to start over. I’m STILL starting over. My shop is on hold and I’m completely changing what I sell to fit the needs of my readers – small business supplies and stickers. This just made sense for me. I know it’s not that easy for some, so let me help those who can’t change what they sell.
Here’s what starting over may mean for you:
- You can, like I have decided, start selling new items that will cut down on your costs and start making you a profit.
- You can put your shop on hold and give your site a HUGE makeover – new pictures, graphic designs, and full brand development.
- You can also open a BRAND NEW shop and start from scratch. This may be helpful if you are out of ideas for your current shop and need a new name/identity.
What to Do Now
Put your Etsy shop on hold.
Go back to the drawing board.
Develop a new course of action. Invoke change.
Study SEO for your new or old products.
Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results is doing you no favors.
If your Etsy shop is failing, NOW is the time to start over.
Do not be scared! Starting over may be the best thing for your business, mental health, and gumption.
Along with starting over on my Etsy shop, I also started a brand new way to earn money here > Recommended Products
Check it out and start making the necessary changes needed to make you money.